Future Now! – Creative Expressions
The NYC Resource Center, in collaboration with our partners Epiphany Blue and The Leadership Program, is pleased to present the 2019 Future Now! project for 21st CCLC programs. This year’s theme “Creative Expressions” will provide NYC youth with the opportunity to demonstrate their creativity via arts, business, and technology presentations at the culminating event on May 22, 2019. Program staff will have professional development support from The Leadership Program to assist with the project facilitation and connect project ideas to the pillars of 21st CCLC programming: academic enrichment and youth development. Epiphany Blue will plan and execute the project and culminating event. How To Enter (open to students in 4th – 12th grades):
1. Programs must submit an “Intent to Participate” form to let the Resource Center know of your interest in participating; forms must be submitted no later than December 7, 2018.
Please visit http://bit.ly/futurenow2019 to complete the form.
2. Each 21st CCLC program will be allowed to submit up to three projects for consideration. The project submitted must meet one or more of the below categories:
3. Projects must be submitted via video or via photographs for visual artwork only by March 8, 2019. The submission must thoroughly display the EXACT presentation that would be made at Future Now! (excluding costumes or presentation attire). Please be mindful of the video and audio quality of your
4. Projects will be judged on the following criteria: Originality, Creativity, Clarity, Exuberance, and Quality of Performance.
6. Up to ten presentations/performances will be selected to perform at the culminating Future Now! event. Presenters will be announced April 8, 2019.
7. There is a maximum of 15 students and chaperones that can attend from each selected program.
1. Presentations/performances must not be longer than 3-4 minutes.
2. Program staff (activity specialist or teaching artist) are highly encouraged to attend the professional development training either in person or remotely. The dates of the professional development sessions will be provided.
If you have any questions, contact Laurie Crutcher at email@example.com